Double Sided Tape for Gaskets
|Poron with 3M 200MP|
How can adding adhesive save cost?
1) Producing the part - in some cases, having an adhesive backing allows gaskets and pads to be produced on equipment that can run faster. Usually due to the fact that the adhesive liner helps prevent the rubber material from stretching during processing.
2) Assembly throughput – for mid and high volume production, gasket or pads can be supplied kiss-cut on a roll. Kiss-cut parts allow for easier and faster installation of the gaskets. The time saved in throughput usually offsets the added cost of the adhesive and in most cases offers cost savings.
The best adhesive for gaskets
Call Stockwell’s Applications Engineers – it’s fairly cliché, but the devil is in the details. Temperature, bond strength, surface energy, surface texture, chemical exposure, reinforcement, cost… are points to consider. Stockwell’s engineers work closely with customers and 3M to ensure the proper adhesive is selected for each applications.
Types of gasket adhesive backings:
- General purpose adhesive
- Film supported adhesive
- Low tack or repositionable adhesive
- Low surface energy adhesive
- Very high bond (VHB) adhesive
- High temperature silicone adhesive
- Thermally conductive adhesive
- Electrically conductive adhesive
For more information about adhesives for gaskets and pads, please contact Stockwell Elastomerics at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 1-800-523-0123.
posted by Steve Hughes at 1:44 PM comments